- Moving back and forward is blazingly fast
- Drag-and-drop reordering of tabs
- Tabs use a thumbnail of a standalone image for favicon
- Error pages for HTTP errors instead of annoying modal popups
- Native SVG and <canvas> support (SVG samples)
- Reload works in View Source window!!!
- View source shows the actual source, with no code cleanup
- How did I not know about the
view-source:pseudo-protocol before? e.g. view-source:http://justinsomnia.org/
- Accidentally opening a tab (Ctrl+T) in a popup window now displays the tab selector toolbar (bugfix)
- update: When focus is in a textarea (as it so often is), page scrolling is no longer locked (which kind of makes me nauseous/disoriented since I’m SO used to the old behavior)
Get Firefox 1.5!
Update: Problems I’ve had since upgrading to 1.5
- Highlighted items in the Bookmarks menu flicker on hover (after extended use without restarting browser) just like the description here.
- Uninstalled extensions don’t disappear from list after restarting browser
Strange interaction between the Web Developer Toolbar and the integrated search box, which causes a view-source window to popup after submitting a search term
The first issue I only saw at work, and the second two I’m struggling with at home. I’m going to uninstall and reinstall Firefox and see if things work better from scratch.
Figured out number 3. I’ve been playing with Josh’s VSIT extension based on my View Source in Tab bookmarklet, but in order to get VSIT to work right, I removed the Web Developer toolbar’s shortcut for View Source (which is also Ctrl+Shift+U, same as VSIT). For some reason whenever a search term or URL was entered, the Web Developer Toolbar would trigger the view source window. This of course is fixed by choosing a different keyboard shortcut for the Web Developer Toolbar’s view source function, instead of leaving it blank.
Groan, it gets worse
So I uninstall Firefox, restart my computer, and delete my profile, the latter having the largest implications I hadn’t considered fully, that I will have lost the sum total of my saved form field values, which is something I quite like. Luckily that folder should be sitting happily in my “Recycle Bin” on the off chance I wish to restore some part of it.
So I launch the clean slate version of Firefox 1.5… and the status bar is b0rked? WTF?
Same thing after I restart the browser. The gray area beneath the status bar remains if I turn off the status bar. And for some reason there’s a red caret in the lower-left. I’m stumped.