Oh dear, looks like Stephanie might have a hard time getting to India: Tourists stranded by Thai flooding (she was planning on taking a ferry from Koh Phangan to Koh Samui tomorrow to catch her Thursday morning flight to Bangkok, but everything has been canceled…)

Update, March 30, 2011: It’s official, Stephanie is stranded on Koh Phangan, with no boats leaving the island, and no definite sense as to when service will be restored. Apparently Thailand has sent their only aircraft carrier to the region to help evacuate people. Now trying to rejigger our travel plans. Hello Bangkok! Here’s some crazy photos of the aircraft carrier rescuing people: Hangar Ship To Rescue Tourists and Locals

Update, March 31, 2011: Stephanie is currently on a boat to Koh Samui, and the weather is much calmer today. She thinks she has a seat on a flight to Bangkok tonight at 5:45pm. I’m already in Bangkok at a hostel eagerly awaiting her arrival.

Update, April 1, 2011: Stephanie made it safely to Bangkok last night.

1 Comment

New comments are no longer accepted, so if you want to get in touch, send me an email.

Oh no! She’s faring well in spite of the logistical issues, I hope.