From bottom to top assemble:
- very thinly sliced and toasted bread, or crostini
- 1 large fresh basil leaf
- 1 generous slice of fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon of pureed pine nuts
- 1 small clove of roasted garlic
- 3 drops of extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of pink sea salt
And just pop it in your mouth.
Here they are closeup.
The brown on top is pureed roasted garlic with a little olive oil (we decided not to put a whole clove on each). Underneath that is pureed pine nut with olive oil and sea salt—which was exquisite. Underneath that is two slices of Parmesan and a fresh basil leaf. Everything is sitting on a fancy hors d’oeuvre cracker. Wunderbar!